I am all about trying out different ways to make chocolate chip cookies and these turned out just as I had hoped. They are medium thickness and are crisp on the edges and (thanks to the large amount of brown sugar) chewy in the middle - so good!
Crisp and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes about 24 cookies)
How I Did It:
2 1/4 cups + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy (don't be impatient!)
3. Add in egg and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated.
4. In three parts, beat in the dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Cover well and refrigerate for at least two hours (or overnight).
6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 and cover your cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper (not wax paper!)
7. Form dough into heaping tablespoon sized balls and place two inches apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the edges start to lightly brown, but the center still looks a bit unset.
8. Let sit for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.