Tuesday, July 29, 2014

S'mores Muddy Buddies




I used to think I loved chocolate covered raisins way too much. That was until I made my own muddy buddies (or puppy chow if you prefer). In continuing with my tradition of always trying new variations I have gone rogue and used honey grahams cereal instead of rice Chex for these s'mores flavored muddy buddies. Summer is s'mores season and I adore s'mores. I do love the crunch of the Chex, but the flavor that honey grahams add is worth the substitute. And of course adding a bit of Nutella makes everything a whole lot better. I love peanut butter, but using Nutella instead is definitely the way to go here. These muddy buddies are amazing.


S'mores Muddy Buddies
How I Did It:


6 cups Honey Grahams
3/4 cup Nutella
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup powdered sugar


1. In a double broiler or medium heat, melt the Nutella and the chocolate chips together, stirring occasionally.

2. While the Nutella/chocolate mixture is melting, lay out a large sheet of parchment paper on a flat work surface and pour the Honey Grahams into a large bowl.

3. Once the Nutella and chocolate chips have melted and are well combined, remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the mini marshmallows.

4. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and gently stir to coat. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of mini marshmallows. Keep mixing until all of the cereal is coated.

5. Slowly, in 3-4 stages, pour the powdered sugar over the chocolate covered cereal and stir to coat. Keep gently mixing until it is evenly coated.

6. Carefully pour the wet muddy buddies onto the parchment paper and spread out so it can dry. Once dry, pour back into a bowl to serve or store in an airtight container for later enjoyment.

No comments: