Farro and Lentil Vegetable Curry Soup
How I Did It:
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced
3/4 cup farro
3/4 cup lentils
32 oz low sodium Vegetable Broth
28 oz finely diced tomatoes
3 ribs celery, chopped
5 carrots, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsps + 1/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 head cauliflower, large chopped
8 oz spinach, roughly chopped
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of water in a large pot and then throw in the onion and garlic. Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding more water as needed.
2. Pour in two cups of water and bring to a boil. Stir in the farro and reduce the heat to medium. Cover with a tilted lid (to let out some steam) for about 15 minuets and then add the lentils, celery, carrots, and parsnips. Add more water as needed to keep cooking for another 10 minutes.
3. Add broth and tomatoes. Stir to combine and then stir in the ginger, lemon juice, curry powder, and red pepper flakes.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes, add the cauliflower, cook for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are the tenderness that you prefer.
5. Stir in spinach and let it cook down for a couple minutes. Serve.