Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Andes Mints Muddy Buddies




Muddy buddies (or puppy chow if you'd prefer) is one of the most addicting desserts. I think part of the reason is that it feels a bit like a snack and it's easy to just pop in your mouth. You think, I'll just have a couple and then all of a sudden you have eaten the whole bowl! Also, they're delicious. Aside from the original peanut butter and chocolate muddy buddies (which are fantastic as they are), I have also made Harvest/Halloween Muddies Buddies and coconut muddy buddies. I'm not sure which are my favorite, but if you like mint and chocolate, you'll love these. I had some leftover and friends who have been over open up on the bowl to take a couple handfuls every time they walk by. I can't say that I blame them!

Andes Mints Muddy Buddies
How I Did It:


5 cups Rice Chex
2 boxes Andes Chocolate Mints
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tbsp red sprinkles
1/2 tbsp green sprinkles

1. In a double-boiler, melt the Andes Mints and chocolate chips.

2. While the chocolate is melting, pour the Rice Chex into a large bowl and set aside. Pour the powdered sugar into a separate bowl and mix the sprinkles in.

3. Once the chocolate starts to get glossy, stir to speed up the melting. Pour immediately over the Chex and gently stir to combine. At first it might not seem like enough chocolate, but keep stirring until the Chex is fully and fairly evenly coated.

4. 1/2 cup at a time, pour the powdered sugar mixture over the gooey Chex. Stir to coat. Make sure all of the cereal is completely coated in powdered sugar. If it's warm out, you might want to lay it out flat to dry. Once dry, cover and store in an airtight container. Will last for several days before starting to get stale.

No comments: