Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Quick and Delightfully Simple Peanut Butter Cookies


The easiest peanut butter cookie you will ever make. While I was posting about my quick and easy flourless and butterless peanut butter cookie, I got to thinking that I could make it even more simple. Well, I did it and they are amazing. Thanks to the peanut butter, they hold up well, but are moist and chewy to the point of almost being creamy. Can a cookie be creamy? I thought I would miss the chocolate, but they are just so good as is. If I added chocolate I might dunk half in melted chocolate - I wouldn't want to disrupt the wonderful texture that they have.



Quick and Delightfully Simple Peanut Butter Cookies
How I Did It:


1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
3/4 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a baking sheet.

2. Place the flaxseed meal in a bowl with three tablespoons of warm water. Stir and then let sit for 5 full minutes (to gel up).

3. Pour the flaxseed egg into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.

4. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet 1-2 inches apart (they only spread a moderate amount). Sprinkle with granulated sugar and bake for about 10 minutes or until they are just starting to brown and still look under-cooked. Remove from oven and let cool before transferring.



No comments: