In keeping with the healthy coconut strawberry theme, I give you this addicting cake. This is one of those desserts that is healthy and still tastes really good. It's gluten-free, vegan, and sugar free (aside from natural sugars from the fruit of course), and very refreshing. If you like coconut and strawberry, you will like this easy to make cake!
Coconut Strawberry Cake
How I Did It:
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1 cup almonds, soaked for a few hours in water
4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked for a few hours in water
3 cups fresh strawberries
1. In a food processor, grind almonds until very fine.
2. To the processor, add 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 cups coconut, and the dates and process until well combined.
3. Press evenly into the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking pan.
4. Clean out the processor and then place the remaining ingredients ( 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 cups coconut, and the strawberries, reserving a few for the top if you'd like).
5. Pour the strawberry coconut mixture on top of the crust and even out with the back of a spoon. Slice strawberries in 3rds or 4th and place on top.
6. Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours or overnight before serving.