Friday, December 5, 2014

Spicy Edamame Dip



I was initially planning on making hummus, but I had a bag of frozen edamame that I wanted to use up so I decided to do something with that instead. I found the idea for this online, but I can't remember where! I added much more hot sauce than I was expecting to and then I realize while it has healthy ingredients, Trader Joe's Sriracha is more mild than I would like it to be. With that said, I would recommend adding a tablespoon at a time until you hit the heat point that you desire.

I would say it is good, but it didn't blow me away. I did like it with carrots, but it wasn't good enough that I would make it again over trying something new. Though it is not totally fair to compare, I do much (much!) prefer the Spicy Asian White Bean Dip that I have made. I should make that one again soon! If you're an edamame (and sesame) fan, you'll probably like this one.

Spicy Edamame Dip
How I Did It:


1 cup shelled edamame
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp Tahini (I made my own)
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsps water
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup sriracha sauce (I used Trader Joe's version)

1. Boil edamame for about 5 minutes. Drain.

2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. The mixture will be thicker than hummus. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.


No comments: