Sunday, December 7, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Trifle


I love trying new dessert ideas and combinations, but every time I make a trifle I feel that I need to include brownie (not cake, ugh), some sort of pudding, Oreo cookies, and of course whipped cream. This time I wanted to add another flavor and I was thinking of caramel, but then had to go with peanut butter since I knew it was a favorite of a few of the people who would be eating it (with good reason). To save time, I didn't make the brownies from scratch and I used instant chocolate pudding because I remember loving it in the past, and it is good, but I am sure homemade would have been better. You could make everything yourself or or buy it all and just put together! I have to say, fresh whipped cream is always so much nicer and it is so easy to make.

I made all of the parts (except the whipped cream) the day before and just assembled when I was ready. This still tastes great the next day, but will  not look as good since the whipped cream will weep into the chocolate.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Trifle
How I Did It:


1 batch of brownies (homemade or box), cooled and cut into squares
5 oz box chocolate pudding, prepared
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup peanut butter
8 oz whipped cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk (I used 2%)
1/2 box Oreo, smashed


1. Beat heavy cream and 1/3 cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Do not stop early! Cover and put in fridge.

2. Beat together peanut butter and the cream cheese until combined and creamy and then add in the remainder of the powdered sugar and then the milk. Once well combined, gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped cream.

3. Using a bowl (or trifle dish if you have one), starting layering with brownies on the bottom, then the peanut butter mixture, then Oreo, then chocolate pudding, and then the whipped cream. Repeated this once more and then sprinkled more Oreo crumbles on the top. Keep refrigerated - best the same day.


No comments: