Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Funfetti Blondies


Okay, so maybe I have gotten a tiny bit obsessed with blondies. In the last couple months I have made Cookie Butter BlondiesCoconut Blondies (after trying these my friend said, very seriously..."this is the best thing I have ever put in my mouth..." True story.), and the low in guilt Chocolate Chip Blondies With a Secret. They are just so good and so simple and there are endless variations waiting for me to test them out (read: there will be more to come)!

After seeing how pretty my Funfetti rice crispy treats turned out, I was excited to try Funfetti blondies (aka cake batter blondies). I ran out of sprinkles so sadly I couldn't top them with extra color, but no sadness when it came to the taste. I prepared them like you would a brownie mix (note: I did use milk instead of water) and they are exactly what I was going for...delicious fudgy brownies, but with cake batter instead! So good. Wow. I brought them to a party where their number much outweighed the number of guests and they were all easily gobbled up.


Funfetti Blondies
How I did it:


1 box Funfetti cake mix
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup sprinkles
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x9" baking pan and set aside.

2. Beat cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl just until combined. Slowly add in milk.

3. Stir in sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread out until even.

4. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown and the center is still light in color and appears to be just barely set on top (don't touch it though b/c it is not actually set).

5. Let cool completely (as they will be gooey) before cutting into bars and serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments: