Thursday, July 12, 2012

Funfetti Rice Crispy Treats


Do you feel like you're at a kid's birthday party? I did make this for a party...a party with all adults. We are never too old to have fun desserts! I needed something I could make in a hurry and the first thing that came to mind were rice crispy treats. I've seen pictures of cake batter or Funfetti rice crispy treats on Pinterest, so I thought I'd throw in some cake mix and sprinkles to jazz them up a bit. Definitely made them more fun and while you could taste the cake batter, I think I will add even more next time!

Funfetti Rice Crispy Treats
How I did it:


4 tbs (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
3/4 cup Funfetti cake mix
6 cups rice crispy cereal (Rice Krispies or generic)
heaping 1/2 cup of sprinkles

1. Coat a 9x13" baking pan with oil and set aside.

2. Melt butter in a medium/large saucepan.

3. Pour in marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined.

4. As soon as the marshmallows are all melted, stir in the cake mix.

5. Stir in cereal and mix until evenly coated and then add in a little over 1/4 cup of the sprinkles.

6. Spread evenly into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles (ha-ha) and press down to flatten/even out. Wait 30 minutes and then cut into bars.

No comments: