Monday, July 30, 2012

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

Who doesn't love a good peanut butter cookie? I would never consider making peanut butter cookies without adding chocolate in some form. I feel like plain peanut butter cookies are a little...well, plain. These are great though with not only chocolate, but the fantastic addition of creamy peanut butter chips. I split the batch and gave half to one person and half to another and they were apparently all gone a day and a half later.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

Recipe adapted from Baking Blonde
How I did it:

1 1/8 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 large egg
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3/8 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 heaping cup peanut butter chips
1 cup white sugar (for rolling the cookie dough balls)

1. In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

2. In a separate and larger bowl, beat butters until well combined and then beat in sugars until creamy. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.

3. On low speed, beat the dry ingredients into the wet in approximate three parts. Beat just until combined.

4. With a large wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate and peanut butter chips until evenly distributed.

5. Gently form the cookie batter into a loose ball and wrap with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let it rest.

6. Preheat oven to 375°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, generously scoop dough and round into balls. Roll dough balls in sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet. Press down on each ball in twice (in opposite directions) to flatten a bit and create the traditional crisscross pattern. Keep dough/dough balls in the refrigerator while they are waiting their turn in the oven.

7. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are light brown. The cookies won't feel set. Once out of the oven, let them sit for 3-5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Do not attempt to transport until fully cooled or they will break apart.


Max said...


Anonymous said...

I got to smell these. Unfortunately, I did not get to taste them. They smelled delish! lol

Amy said...

Sorry to have teased you! ;)