Roasted Vegetable and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
How I Did It:
1/2 head cauliflower
1 orange pepper, chopped
1/2 can no sugar added corn
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp ground chili pepper
1 1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp dried cilantro
ground black pepper
9 small corn tortillas
1 bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 jalapeno peppers, chopped (keep seeds for extra spice)
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large jar medium salsa
1. Preheat oven to 400. Place the first 5 ingredients (cauliflower, orange pepper, corn, onion, and garlic) on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle with pepper. Mix around a bit to make sure everything is covered and then spread the vegetables out so they are (mostly) not on top of each other.
2. Bake for about a half hour or until tender and just before they start to crisp up. You will want to stir them around once or twice.
3. Remove from oven (lower oven to 350) and let cool slightly.
4. In a bowl, combine roasted vegetables, jalapeno, black beans, chili pepper, cumin, and cilantro.
5. Cover the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking pan with salsa. Layer 3 tortillas on top and then cover with about 1/2 of the vegetable mixture and then cover with cheese. For the second layer of everything start with the tortilla, then the salsa, then the vegetable mixture and finally the cheese. Top with another layer of tortilla, salsa, and the remaining cheese. Sprinkle lightly with chili pepper and cumin.
6. Cover and bake for about 40 minutes, removing the aluminum foil after about 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before digging in!