The frosted brownie bite....when the situation calls for a cupcake, but you call for a brownie.
If you haven't tried this flour frosting, you will want to. It is addicting and pairs great with the chewy chocolate goodness of a brownie.
Frosted Brownie Bites
(Frosting recipe from Tasty Kitchen)
How I Did It:
Your favorite brownie batter
5 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup 2% milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease your mini muffin pan and set aside.
2. Make your brownie batter as usual and scoop into your prepared muffin pan, Bake for about 10 minutes or until they have a slightly glossy, rounded tops. You want them to be slightly under baked, so if you use a cake tester, remember it doesn't need to come out clean (just not covered in uncooked batter).
3. Remove from oven and let cool before removing from tins. If they do not come out easily, gently run a butter knife around the edges and pull up. Set aside while you make the frosting.
4. Whisk flour and and milk in a pot over medium-low heat. Keep stirring until it thickens (do not stop stirring or it will stick and be ruined). Stir more! It will turn very thick (like your brownie mix!) and then you can remove it from the heat and bring to room temperature.
5. Once it has cooled, stir in the vanilla.
6. While the mixture is cooling, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and the graininess of the sugar is gone.
7. Add the cooled flour and milk mixture to the butter and sugar and beat well until it looks like thick whipped cream.
8. Frost your brownies and enjoy!