Even without the Nutella I think these were the best blondies that I have ever made. Bold, I know. They have great flavor and such perfect gooey and chewy texture. And then you add the Nutella....oh my.
Nutella Swirl Blondies
How I Did It:
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 8x8 pan and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted stir in sugars until combined and sugars are somewhat melted. Remove from heat, but do not let cool completely or it will harden.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Slowly pour in the butter/sugar mixture and whisk until combined.
5. Add in flour and whisk until just incorporated.
6. Pour into prepared baking pan. Using a teaspoon, drop Nutella around the top (about 10 - 12 spoonfuls) and then using the back of a spoon swirl the Nutella to spread around and make an repeated "S" shape.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges start to crack and bit and the center is firm to the touch. Let cool fully before cutting into squares.