All that tempting gooey chocolate and peanut butter.
Sometimes you want a warm and gooey dessert that won't make you feel gross after though, right?
Okay, desserts don't usually make me feel gross regardless, but it's still nice to have healthier options. These bars are really tasty, but have no flour, refined sugar, oil/butter, or eggs! Plus, look at all that protein and fiber! They are good warm or cold. To make them vegan, just use all maple syrup.
Peanut Butter Bars
How I Did It:
1 can Navy Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup peanut butter 1 tbsp + 2 tsp honey
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease an 8x8" baking pan.
2. Add all ingredients (except the chocolate chips)to a food processor and process until combined and smooth.
3. Pour into a bowl and mix in chocolate chips.
4. Pour into prepared baking pan and spread out evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges start to firm up and the center looks just set. It's better to slightly under cook than to over cook.
5. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.