Monday, February 10, 2014

Rosemary and Sea Salt Sweet Potato Chips


Sometimes you just want something to crunch on. I get it. That's where oil-free sweet potato chips come in. It's just like eating a sweet potato, but in a tasty form. I never used to like sweet potatoes at all, and then I came to realize that sweet potato fries are actually really good and then I was introduced to sweet potato chips...also very good. And I don't mean that in the, "well, these have a few more nutrients in them, so I don't feel as bad eating them" so of way. Sweet potatoes taste fantastic when fried. I like them so much that I recently tried them again chopped up in a meal...ehhh. So to trick myself I decided to try to make "chips" and see how they turned out. All I did was slice the sweet potato as thin as I possibly could, lightly sprinkle with sea salt and rosemary, and then microwaved it. They were just as good as I hoped - maybe even better. I have to remember to buy more sweet potatoes. If you're more in the mood for fries, try my healthier version.

Rosemary and Sea Salt Sweet Potato Fries
How I Did It:


1 sweet potato
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed rosemary

1. Using the sharpest knife you have, slice the sweet potato as thin as you can.

2. Place a sheet of parchment paper in your microwave and lay the slices flat out on top. They can be touching, but don't let them overlap too much. Sprinkle with sea salt and rosemary (keep it light as when they shrink up, the flavor will become more intense).

3. Microwave for 5 to 8 minutes, making sure to really keep an eye on them. Take them out once they start to crinkle up and a few start to lightly brown. Do not let them over-brown.

4. Remove and let cool completely (so they can get crunchy) before enjoying.

No comments: