Saturday, January 11, 2014

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Cookies






I don't remember how I stumbled upon these, but I had them bookmarked to try for awhile now. They are very interesting. They weren't nearly as peanut-buttery as I was expecting. Even my Dad who doesn't like peanut butter liked them. They were very easy to make though. Even though it says no bake you do cook the ingredients on the stove-top. This is good news, trust me. It makes it pretty easy to combine ingredients when you have them all heated up! I didn't have enough quick oats, so I used mostly regular rolled oats (my sister and I smashed them up a bit). I don't think this hurt the cookies, but I'ms sure the texture would have been a bit different (better?) with all quick oats. If I make the again I would use all quick oats, less butter and sugar and more chocolate and peanut butter. Definitely more peanut butter.

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
How I Did It:

Adapted from All Recipes

1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter
4 tbsp unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder (I used 50/50 - natural unsweetened/dutch process)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup quick oats
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1. Lay out a large silicon mat or a large sheet of parchment paper on your counter for later use.

2. In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 1/2 minutes.

3. Remove from heat and immediately stir in peanut butter, oats and vanilla.

4. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared mat/parchment paper. Let cool and harden before eating or transferring to a airtight container. Store at room temperature.


No comments: