Friday, January 11, 2013

Protein Snack Bites



I was so happy with how these turned out! I have made other small protein/snack bites before, but hadn't tried anything new in awhile. They are sweet without being too sweet, slightly crunchy while still being soft and creamy, full of protein, but still very tasty! I had sunflower seed butter on hand (as Trader Joe's had been out of almond butter) and I loved the flavor! Have one if you're a little hungry, have four if you need something more substantial, but don't have the time for a meal. They were perfect to have on a windy and cold summit (I had three at once) and great for after climbing gym snacks (I had one to two). Easy to make, easy to eat and completely made for customization!


Protein Snack Bites
How I Did It:


1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup coconut
2 tbsp chopped pecans
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds

1. In a large bowl mix together sunflower seed butter, honey, and vanilla. Stir well to combine.

2. Stir in oats, coconut, pecans, slivered almonds and toasted sesame seeds. Make sure everything is evenly distributed.

3. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (after you taste test it).

4. Remove from refrigerator and roll into tight balls. You can eat it as it is of course, but I recommend letting it firm up in the refrigerator for a bit. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.



No comments: