Sunday, March 18, 2012

Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites


How I had not made brownie bites before? They are like the brownie bar's better looking and much more well behaved sibling. I got it into my head that I should make brownie bites for a Saint Patty's Day party I was going to this afternoon. I had all of these ideas for how to make them more fun and a little more festive. I'm not sure why I thought putting a peppermint patty in the middle would make them Irish, but they sure did taste good! I am using past tense because they are long gone.

Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites

How I did it:


Your favorite brownie recipe (or box mix)
20 peppermint patties

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Prepare brownies according to recipe.

3. Thoroughly grease mini muffin tins (I used 20 tins).

4. Drop a small amount of the brownie batter into the bottom of each tin. Make sure the bottom is covered. Place an upsidedown peppermint patty on the top of each and press down gently. Cover with batter, making sure all holes are filled. Fill any leftover (empty) tins with a half inch or so of water so you don't ruin your pan. 

5. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes. As tempting as it is, do not remove the brownies right away or they will fall apart. When slightly cooled, gently twist the brownie and pull up. If it does not come out easily it needs more time. 

Microwaved brownie bite...messy, but so worth it!


Serve immediately to enjoy the creamy center or wait until cooled to experience the traditional peppermint patty texture. You can re-heat in the microwave for about 10-30 seconds, depending how gooey you want it. 


No comments: