Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Two Ingredient Nutella Brownies





I have been hearing so much about two ingredient Nutella brownies that I had to try them out. I had such high hopes! Well, the texture is perfect, but they are pretty low on flavor. They weren't eggy, they just didn't have that strong Nutella flavor I was expecting (hoping) for. I solved the issue by heating up some (more) Nutella and using it as frosting. I highly recommend doing that if you make these.



Two Ingredient Nutella Brownies
How I Did It


4 eggs
1 cup Nutella
1/4 cup Nutella (if you decide to frost them)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 (or 9x9) baking pan and then cover with parchment paper so some is hanging up over the top. Lightly grease the top of the parchment paper as well.

2. With an electric beater, whisk eggs until they are light, pale yellow, and billowy. I used the whisk attachment of a hand-held beater and it took 12 minutes. If you don't whisk them enough, your final product will have an eggy taste and will have an unpleasant texture.

3. While you are whisking your eggs, heat up your Nutella so it is smooth and creamy. Do not burn your Nutella! You should only need to microwave it for about a minute, but make sure to top every 20 seconds or so to stir.

4. With the mixer, slowly whisk in the Nutella in several parts. Scrap down the sides of the bowl a few times as you are whisking.

5. Pour "batter" into your prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.

No comments: