My sister and I have started a lovely little tradition of baking cookies together to share with our family for Christmas. This year we made four (including the traditional chocolate chip which cannot be messed with) including this tasty bite I found at Life, Love & Sugar. Perfect amount of chocolate and mint (you will see I added more mint than the original recipe and I thought it was just right as adjusted). Make sure not to over-bake these or they will end up more like chocolate mint scones. If you make the recipe as is, you will have a lot of leftover mints and Oreos. Rough stuff. As a side note, ever tried frozen Oreo cookies?
Chocolate Mint Oreo Cookies
How I Did It:
1 1/4 cup all purpose flout
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Andes mints, chopped
1 cup Mint Oreo, broken up
1. Whisk together the first three ingredients and then set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes).
3. Beat in egg and vanilla extract
4. Add in dry ingredients and beat just until combined.
5. Stir in Andes Mints and Mint Oreos until evenly distributed.
6. Chill for at least 2 hours (overnight is fine).
7. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350. Roll dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls and space 2 inches apart on your prepared cookie sheet.
8. Bake for about 8 minutes or until edges are firm, but center looks still slightly unset. Remove and let cool slightly before continuing to cool on a cooling rack. Fantastic served warm, but still good for a couple days if kept in an airtight container (does not need to be refrigerated).