Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Chunky Pineapple Salsa


Believe it or not, I have never made salsa. So easy and it tastes so good when it's fresh and yet for some reason I always just buy it. My first ever salsa product is this pineapple salsa which is perfect for the summer. I have had pineapple salsa before of course, but never homemade and it has always been tomato based. This was pretty good, although maybe a bit too heavy on the pineapple. The spice helped cut the sweetness though and it was pretty tasty with some blue corn chips as well as over some coconut chicken that I had made. I would say this was hot/spicy, but not overly so. Every day you let it sit in your fridge it will loose a bit of heat, so keep that in mind.

Chunky Pineapple Salsa
How I Did It:


1 cup chopped canned pineapple
1 cup canned corn
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, diced (removed ribs, keep seeds)
1 serrano pepper, diced (seeds and ribs removed)
2 tbsps lime juice
1/8 tsp pinch of salt

1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.

2. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour (or more) and then serve with whatever you desire. Keep leftovers covered and refrigerated for up to a week.




No comments: