Thin and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
How I Did it:
2 1/4 cup bread flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups dark chocolate chips
1/8 - 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
2. Melt butter and let cool a bit, stirring occasionally.
3. In a large bowl, eat melted butter and sugars together until light and almost fluffy.
4. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
5. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until just barely incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips, making sure thy are well distributed. Wrap tightly and place in the fridge overnight (or at least for a couple hours).
6. Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets.
7. Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto sheets, leaving 2 inches of space between each.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center still looks slightly undercooked. Remove from oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
*If eaten shortly after cooking they will have a crisp edge with a nice gooey and chewy center. By the next day (storing them properly in an airtight container), they will lose the crisp and be even more chewy.